Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Unreal Development Kit

06:26:16PM, 14/09/10 AEST-06:49:40PM, 14/09/10 AEST

Many of you might have heard of the Unreal Engine (mainly those of you who are programmers, developers, gamers, etc.). Also, you may have heard of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK). Well, I found out about it roughly a fortnight ago.

I was blown away by the graphics on the Sanctum Demo (which I downloaded before the UDK) and it is amazing. Also, the physics components are wonderful. I also enjoyed Bink for video alot.

DirectX 9.0c is the minimum requirement for the engine and the UDK. For those of you who are not aware of what DirectX is, it's and API (Application Programming Interface) for multimedia (graphics, renderings, audio, etc.). For more information on DirectX go to http:\\www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX.

The downside to it is the large resources required for the platform.

I do strongly recommend it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment