Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Machinimas with iGrabber

02:49:09PM, 19/09/10 AEST-03:10:00PM, 19/09/10 AEST

Remember the iGrabber I mentioned in previous posts? Well, yesterday and today, I've been making machinimas. They are very bad film technique, no audio, and are just for my two little brothers.

They are filmed off Ben 10: Vilgax Attacks for the Playstation 2. Basically, it's me running around killing the alien enemies for roughly ten minutes.

My Playstation 2 is set up in my room, with the three RGA male plugs in the three RGA female sockets on the iGrabber. The video streams live onto my laptop and I record it (I'm still trying to fix the audio feed). Then after say ten minutes I stop recording, edit the video (brush up frame rates, mute audio-because instead of the game's audio it's my laptops microphone). Then, I burn it onto disc and play it for them on the Television.

So the iGrabber is a very useful device, for programmers, machinima enthusiasts, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment